Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 05:43:52 UTC

Challenge: write something really sleek for Facebook?

Hi,

Daniel Kaplan wrote a WIKI page[1] that describes how to set up Wicket
for Facebook. Someone posted a link to that on DZone[2], and that in
turn prompted Dave from Alfresco to write an alternative to it that
shows it can be done much shorter[3]. I know that several people
posted the idea before of writing a simple integration framework for
Facebook/ Wicket, but so far no-one actually contributed code (besides
this WIKI).

How about it? Is that blog posting a challenge enough to come up with
a simple framework that makes writing Facebook apps with Wicket short
and elegant? I can imagine we'd need a component (set) and/ or
specialized models for parsing external REST requests. But maybe I'm
just talking crap here. Any takers? :-)

Eelco

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Facebook+Integration
[2] http://www.dzone.com/links/rss/apache_wicket_facebook_integration.html
[3] http://blogs.alfresco.com/davidc/?p=12

Re: Challenge: write something really sleek for Facebook?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/index.html

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i get 404 on [1] ...

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 1, 2008 11:09 AM, Dan Kaplan <dk...@citizenhawk.com> wrote:
> I'd do it, but I don't know enough about making a facebook app yet :)

My problem too. Facebook generates a lot of fuzz, but I haven't got
exited enough to actually do something else than creating an account
:-)

Eelco

RE: Challenge: write something really sleek for Facebook?

Posted by Dan Kaplan <dk...@citizenhawk.com>.
I'd do it, but I don't know enough about making a facebook app yet :)  I
don't even know how much more integration would be necessary.  I suspect
taking that wiki code and putting it in a jar wouldn't be sufficient.

Posted by Dan Kaplan <dk...@citizenhawk.com>.
As I understand facebook apps more, I see that this separation is distinct.
That being said, I don't understand your last paragraph.  I think I already
accomplished that with the wiki post.

Posted by Jeremy Levy <je...@meetmoi.com>.

Posted by tieTYT <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eelco,