Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Rodriguez <iv...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/06 04:06:29 UTC

Create network/ Virtual Router with a specific public ip address

Dear Cloudstack Users,

Does anybody know how to create a network with an specific public ip
address ?
I'm looking at
associateIpAddress

on Cloudstack 4.3 and
createNetwork

But so far no luck, what I need is that once the  virtual router is online
it should have  an specific public ip address.

Also the Acquire ip process through the GUI were you allocate an extra
public ip address from the pool we would like to tell cloudstack use this ip
address in a similar way that you assign static ips on vm's creation

I think we can change the nics table but I'm not sure if this will break
something else any adivce ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Create network/ Virtual Router with a specific public ip address

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
What hypervisor do you run?

This applies to vsphere in my case, i dont know how its done in kvm/xen,
but i would assume its similar.

You can hack it from within the db if you have to, not ideal. Back up
your db first:

Table nics:
Stop router VM
Note vm's instance number, if its r-202, then instance number/id is 202
Under nics table look for instance_id 202.
Locate the ip that you had, and alter it to what you want

Table user_ip_address:
Find 2 ip addresses you had defined (original and new ip)
Apply contents of original ip to a new ip
Apply contents of new ip to original ip

Start VM.

This usually recreates network configs for vSphere VM and  you should
get the IP address you want.

Regards
ilya