Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Shan <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/30 20:19:06 UTC

Development

HI,
     I am a new developer to Struts development team. For downloading the source code for contributing to Struts development do I need a login userid and password for getting into development server? I saw in the site that you can download the source code from CVS through the anonymous way. Please guide  me. I like to be a full time member of the struts development team.
Rgds
Shankar R

Re: Development

Posted by Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.net>.
At 11:19 30/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>HI,
>      I am a new developer to Struts development team. For downloading the
> source code for contributing to Struts development do I need a login
> userid and password for getting into development server? I saw in the
> site that you can download the source code from CVS through the anonymous
> way. Please guide  me. I like to be a full time member of the struts
> development team.
>Rgds
>Shankar R

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/guidelines.html in fact :)

Cliff Rowley

Tel:      +44 (0) 1206 514263
Email:    cliff@onsea.net
Web:      http://www.onsea.net

Re: Development

Posted by Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.net>.
At 11:19 30/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>HI,
>      I am a new developer to Struts development team. For downloading the
> source code for contributing to Struts development do I need a login
> userid and password for getting into development server? I saw in the
> site that you can download the source code from CVS through the anonymous
> way. Please guide  me. I like to be a full time member of the struts
> development team.
>Rgds
>Shankar R

Hi, I should think the normal process would be to continue to submit
patches until such a time as someone in higher places decides you are ready
for write access to the CVS repository.  Giving out those kinds of
privileges would be a very brave act indeed!

Cliff Rowley

Tel:      +44 (0) 1206 514263
Email:    cliff@onsea.net
Web:      http://www.onsea.net