Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Swapnil Daingade <sw...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/05 01:44:17 UTC

Myriad 0.1 release scope

Hi all,

Was wondering what would be the scope for the Myriad 0.1 release.
It would be nice to have a roadmap page somewhere and target
features to releases (JIRA 'fix version' field perhaps)

Regards
Swapnil

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Not sure it's that simple. I think this requires reflection based API
invocation based on hadoop version. Also the hadoop version itself needs to
be passed from build file into Java code.

Hadoop eco system components like Hive adopt a technique called shim
loaders to solve this type of problems.

----------------------
Sent from mobile

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
John,
The remote distribution doesn't require the nm to be run from marathon
though it's possible.  Essentially, it's the same configuration for the rm
you'd do for the non remote version + adding a uri for the tarball.
I've got jsons for running the rm in marathon, I'll try to get them and
some documentation up soon.  Currently at a conference though which means
probably next week.

Darin
Darin

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
Ok, I was going off

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:40 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeldman@yahoo.com.invalid

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Hello All,

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Hello guys,

Re: Myriad 0.1 release scope

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Hi Jim,

  Nothing major, but looking at the current FGS experience, I have
something to share.

  Currently, if the user launches a NM with "zero" profile, that NM is
eligible for FGS.
  This means, the YARN containers that will be allocated to that NM will be
based upon
  the Mesos offers received for that node.

  The fact that "zero" profile corresponds to FGS might be confusing.
   a) we need a better/clearer way to express this fact. Perhaps a
different name for the "zero" profile?
   b) UI can perhaps show a "help" message explaining that a "zero" profile
NM pertains to FGS.

Thanks,
Santosh

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Swapnil Daingade <swapnil.daingade@gmail.com