Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by James Lorenzen <jl...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2005/05/11 18:14:59 UTC

updateing state information

Correct me if I am wrong.

In referencing the Apollo FileSystem example, initialization of Resource Properties is handled in the init() method of the XxxxxResource.java class. So for example, BackupFrequency is initialized to 0 by getting the value from the UnixFileSystem object.

Here is my question.

If BackupFrequency is set to another value, say 5, where in the server-side code will a new Client request be handled to return the new value? The only place I see BackupFrequency being set is in the init() method described above. My ignorance expects a method called getBackupFrequency() returning the current value to the client. Or is this handled by the Callback classes?

Hope this makes sense.

James Lorenzen
Gestalt-LLC