Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@bea.com> on 2004/06/28 11:23:48 UTC

XMLBeans has graduated and is now a TLP! (was RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] TLP Resolution for XMLBeans)

Just wanted to let everyone know that:

a) XMLBeans has officially graduated from the Incubator,
b) The Board approved the resolution we submitted to make
XMLBeans a TLP.

Congratulations to all!

As far as leaving the Incubator, I think we should:

 - remove the incubation disclaimer from the README files

 - remove the incubation disclaimer from the READMEs in
   v.1.0.3, which we've already approved for release.

 - change the filename for 1.0.3 to remove the 'incubating'
   token

 - post the 1.0.3 release on http://www.apache.org/dist/ site
   and link to it from our web site

 - remove all incubation disclaimers, references, and banners
   from the web site.

 - send out an announce mail about 1.0.3 and incubation
   graduation

As far as becoming a TLP, I think we should:

 - draft a charter for our new project (I've sent out a draft
   before; I'll try to resend on a new thread to get some
   discussion.)

 - move our site to xmlbeans.apache.org.  This would also be
   consistent with the java package namespace we are already
   using.

 - redirect xml.apache.org/xmlbeans to the new site

 - update the xml.apache.org site's references to our site

 - update to incubator site to show we've graduated

 - move our mailing lists and archives as shown below:
     xmlbeans-dev at xml.apache.org-> dev at xmlbeans.apache.org
     xmlbeans-user at xml.apache.org-> user at xmlbeans.apache.org
     xmlbeans-ppmc at incubator.apache.org-> pmc at xmlbeans.apache.org

 - work with others in the XML community on what this XML
   federation should be all about (e.g. how can we help link
   to other XML sites, etc.)

 - consider changing our CVS root from xml-xmlbeans to xmlbeans

 - consider finally getting a project logo

 - (probably a few other things I'm missing right now.)

I actually don't know if we really need to make every one of
these transitions.  Some of them may not be worth the transition
cost for us or our users, but I think it's probably worth
considering each of these changes.

Any thoughts?  Any volunteers to look into or any of these items?

Thanks,
Cliff

Re: XMLBeans has graduated and is now a TLP! (was RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] TLP Resolution for XMLBeans)

Posted by David Waite <ma...@akuma.org>.
I'd be all for a move to subversion.

-David Waite

Posted by David Waite <ma...@akuma.org>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 28 Jun 2004, at 10:23, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> Just wanted to let everyone know that:
>
> a) XMLBeans has officially graduated from the Incubator,
> b) The Board approved the resolution we submitted to make
> XMLBeans a TLP.
>
> Congratulations to all!

well done :)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 28 Jun 2004, at 10:23, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> Just wanted to let everyone know that:
>
> a) XMLBeans has officially graduated from the Incubator,
> b) The Board approved the resolution we submitted to make
> XMLBeans a TLP.
>
> Congratulations to all!

well done :)