Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ya...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/17 21:17:16 UTC

small question?

Hi , can we store any read only data on LDAP. Basically what I mean is once
written on LDAP ,it should not be editable.

Sorry for asking this.

Basically as far as I know there is nothing like read only data. Data can be
stored modified and can be deleted. I just want to confirm my understanding.
Is my understanding right?

Re: small question?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
You can control write access using ACI (access control instructions).
Take a look at the documentation on authorization.

Hth- alex

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2010, at 10:17 PM, "Muralidhar Yaragalla" <yaragallamurali@gmail.com