Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist <da...@umiacs.umd.edu> on 2004/10/28 17:41:58 UTC

spamd 3.0.1 not filtering

I just installed sa3.0.1 on solaris 2.8 with perl5.8 as follows

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/opt/spamassassin SYSCONFDIR=/opt/spamassassin/etc
make; make install

local.cf includes

allow_user_rules 1
bayes_auto_expire 0
use_razor2 0
skip_rbl_checks       1
use_dcc     0
use_pyzor   0
use_bayes   1

kick off spamd:

perl /opt/spamassassin/bin/spamd -d --syslog-socket=inet -r /var/tmp/spamd.pid

The logfile shows:

  Use of uninitialized value in quotemeta at
  /opt/spamassassin/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/EvalTests.pm line 977, <GEN35> line 688.

Use of uninitialized value in quotemeta at
/opt/spamassassin/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/EvalTests.pm
line 977, <GEN41> line 87

  Use of uninitialized value in quotemeta at
/opt/spamassassin/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/EvalTests.pm line 977,
<GEN35> line 53.

I'm guessing I must have missed some compile flag but I can't figure
out what. Running a make test goes clean (altho it skips a few test).

Any ideas?

TIA

  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-  generated by /dev/dave -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies

Re: spamd 3.0.1 not filtering

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 01:45 PM 10/28/2004, Dave  Stern - Former Rocket Scientist wrote:
> > That's part of an eval for a whitelist_from_rcvd statement, looking at
> EvalTests.pm line 977 it's a part of sub _check_whitelist_rcvd()
> >

> > Any chance you've got some which lack the right number of parameters (two)?
>
>Doubt it. To test I either

My question regards the contents of your SA config files, not how you test.

Really, in this respect it does not matter how the email gets to SA.. You
can procmail it, dump it in over the commandline, whatever.

Configfile parsing is more-or-less all the same.

Double check your config files:
         grep whitelist_from_rcvd  /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
         grep whitelist_from_rcvd  ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Make sure all the statements that return, if any, have two parameters not one.

Re: spamd 3.0.1 not filtering

Posted by Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist <da...@umiacs.umd.edu>.
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Matt Kettler wrote:

> At 11:41 AM 10/28/2004, Dave  Stern - Former Rocket Scientist wrote:
>>   Use of uninitialized value in quotemeta at
>>   /opt/spamassassin/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/EvalTests.pm line
>> 977, <GEN35> line 688.
>
> That's part of an eval for a whitelist_from_rcvd statement, looking at
> EvalTests.pm line 977 it's a part of sub _check_whitelist_rcvd()
>

> Any chance you've got some which lack the right number of parameters (two)?

Doubt it. To test I either
  - forward a spam message to myself,
  - cut and paste the list of rules SA checks and mail it to myself
  - or take some real spam and
     sendmail -f <or...@wherever>  myself <spam.msg

I wouldn't mind so much except it misses spam. What's even stranger is that
running the raw sendmail -f command does catch it as spam. Is my testing
technique flawed? These all worked on SA2.64. In fact, I believe they
also worked with SA3.0.0

Additionally, regular mail that comes thru also complains of  uninitialized
value. The only unusual thing I'm doing here is forwarding my regular mail
to this new machine via procmail. Something like:

:0 c
# Avoid email loops
* ! ^X-Loop: dave@realhost\.com
{
   :0fwh  #Adjust some headers before forwarding
   | formail -A"X-Loop: dave@realhost.com" \
             -A"X-From-Origin: ${FROM_}" \
             -i"Subject: $SUBJ_ (fwd)"
# Forward the email
   :0
   !dave@newhost.com
}

And again, this too worked with SA2.64 and 3.0.0.

Re: spamd 3.0.1 not filtering

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.