Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <no...@c.dk> on 2004/01/02 15:42:50 UTC

Is there a way to make Eclipse recognize log4j messages in its console buffer and hyperlink to the statement that created it?

We use Eclipse for development and I like the way that stacktraces are
shown and linked to the underlying source, so I was pondering whether
similar functionality is possible for the numerous debug messages we
have?  I looked at the Ganymede plugin, but it requires an alternate
log4j configuration, which I would prefer not to have.

Is there other approaches for this?  Or should I look into conditional
configuration files?

--
  Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen      "...plus...Tubular Bells!"

Re: Is there a way to make Eclipse recognize log4j messages in its console buffer and hyperlink to the statement that created it?

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.
sorry for the nube question, but are you talking about Eclipse being able to
log its own internal messages, or Eclipse running an use developed
application and formatting the log messages to its console?

Thanks.

Posted by Stephen Schaub <st...@hotmail.com>.