Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Morten Rønseth <mo...@webfx.no> on 2003/07/01 22:44:20 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd EAPI not getting compiled well...++

Hi all,

I've got a plain vanilla FreeBSD 5.0 system onto which I've installed a
custom apache setup into /usr/local.
Now, there are two things that bothers me:

1. The httpd.pid is ALWAYS put in /var/run, no matter how I configure
apache (see configuration below)
The /usr/local/sbin/apachectl script looks in /usr/local/var/run, but
when I start httpd, it is put into /var/run. Why?
2. When I compile apache httpd, I use the following:

SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl \
./configure \
--with-layout=XXX \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max \
--server-uid=www \
--server-gid=www \
--enable-module=ssl

...and I clearly se "-DEAPI" in all stages of the compilation. Now, when I start apache, I get "<some module> uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)"

..eeeerrr...I compile WITH EAPI so what is going on? I'm used to running things under MacOSX where this has never been a problem.
Could anybody please shed any light on this?

Oh, and config .layout goes like:
<Layout XXX>
    prefix:        /usr/local
    exec_prefix:   $prefix
    bindir:        $exec_prefix/bin
    sbindir:       $exec_prefix/sbin
    libexecdir:    $exec_prefix/libexec+
    mandir:        $prefix/share/man
    sysconfdir:    /www
    datadir:       /www
    iconsdir:      $prefix/share/httpd/icons
    cgidir:        $datadir/virtual/default/cgi-bin
    htdocsdir:     $datadir/virtual/default/data
    manualdir:     $htdocsdir/manual
    includedir:    $prefix/include+
    localstatedir: $prefix/var
    runtimedir:    $localstatedir/run
    logfiledir:    $datadir/logs
    proxycachedir: $runtimedir/proxy
</Layout>

Cheers,

-Morten
WEB-fx
Morten Ronseth              morten.ronseth@webfx.no
Bjerregaardsgate 6          +47 2319 8000
0172 Oslo                   +47 9343 4357

Re: [users@httpd] httpd EAPI not getting compiled well...++

Posted by Aaron Morris <aa...@mindspring.com>.
Morten Rønseth wrote:
> 2. When I compile apache httpd, I use the following:
>
> SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl \
> ./configure \
> --with-layout=XXX \
> --enable-module=most \
> --enable-shared=max \
> --server-uid=www \
> --server-gid=www \
> --enable-module=ssl
>
> ...and I clearly se "-DEAPI" in all stages of the compilation. Now, when
> I start apache, I get "<some module> uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this
> module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)"
> ..eeeerrr...I compile WITH EAPI so what is going on? I'm used to running
> things under MacOSX where this has never been a problem.
> Could anybody please shed any light on this?

Apache is complaining because the module was not compiled with -DEAPI,
not Apache itself.

--
Aaron W Morris <aa...@mindspring.com> (decep)
PGP Key ID:  259978D1