Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Adams, Arthur (Aquilent)" <Ar...@va.gov> on 2007/08/13 11:05:09 UTC

Integrating Subversion and Clearquest

We're using Subversion and Clearquest here,
and we'd like to integrate the two.

I threw together a simple perl script to require a
ClearQuest ticket number in the comments with
a SubVersion commit, but that's all it does --
requires a number. It doesn't do any checking
to see if the user has entered a valid ticket
number or anything. I could, without too much effort,
add to the script so that it checks for a valid ticket,
but we'd like more.

We saw a demo of ClearVision's CQ2SVN product
(http://www.clearvision-cm.com/downloads/tools-and-utilities/subversion-
tools.aspx)
but it lacks some features we need, like being able to
associate commits with more than one type of ClearQuest
record. They told us that the features we need were coming
in a release that would be out sometime this month, but we've
not heard from them since.

Does anyone have experience with CQ2SVN? Can anyone recommend
some other tools to integrate Subversion and ClearQuest?