Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kapasi, Mehjabin" <mk...@rational.com> on 2002/03/20 22:06:39 UTC

RE: Garbage showing up when trying to download a word doc in TC 4 .0.1

Thank you David for your prompt response.
Here is what i got after trying your option. I am working on windows

When i do HTTP 1.0
HEAD /<path to word doc / servlet> HTTP/1.0
<return>
<return>
I get :

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:56:38 GMT
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
Last-Modified: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:54:14 GMT
ETag: "41984-1016657654000"

When i do HTTP 1.1 here is what i get:
HTTP/1.1 400 HTTP/1.1 request with no Host: header
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:55:46 GMT
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
Connection: close

So one gave me the content-type and the other gave me the content length.
Which one should i use? I am sorry if this sounds silly but I still don't
understand how I am supposed to use the headers.
Thank you.
Any help will be appreciated and thank you for your patience.
-Mehjabin

Kapasi, Mehjabin wrote:

>Thanks Joel,
>I have been trying what you said. I did not understand what you meant by
>"Check the http headers you are sending for the download. There's a tool
>forthis floating around somewhere I think. Compare the headers 3.2.1 sends
>with the headers 4.0.1 sends."
>How do I check that?
>
>Here is the garbage that I get when i try to download the word
documen.Sorry
>for the long email but can you help me out here? I am not understanding
>where to start looking for the problem.
>Thanks,
>Mehjabin
>
>ÐÏࡱá>þÿ
>‹þÿÿÿ‰Šÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
>ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
>ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
>ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
>ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
>ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿì¥ÁW
>ø¿Â"bjbjªyªy ŠdÈÈõÌÿÿÿÿÿÿl       4Ž ®!®!®!h"DZ"´Ž
>1v(#Æà$¦†%†%†%†%¢ (0,T3˜°u²u²u²u²u²u²u$Yx yzŒÖu ì4†%†%ì4ì4Öun: Â
>†%†%ëun:n:n:ì4 †% †%°un:ì4°un:2n: A^¨jà  |q†%# €¿mÚBÁŽ
>®!7&ˆph|q4v01vðpŒ{,9B{|qn:ö XN @    Ù  SUBJECT \* MERGEFORMAT
>ClassicsCD Web Shop title \* Mergeformat Vision Version 2.1 Revision
>History DateRevisionDescriptionAuthor20/Oct/20011.0Initial VersionP
>Murphy10/Nov/20012.0Updated based on Requirements WorkshopP
>Murphy15/Nov/20012.1Editorial RevisionsS. Chandler
>[contractor]

> Table of Contents TOC \o "1-3" 1. Introduction  PAGEREF
>_Toc523131581 \h 1 1.1 Purpose of the Vision Requirements Document (VRD)
> PAGEREF _Toc523131582 \h 1 1.2 Product Overview  PAGEREF
_Toc523131583