Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Nick Allee <ni...@gm.com> on 2021/09/24 15:21:48 UTC

KYLIN WEB UI NOT LOADING IN DOCKER

Kylin Devs,

I am Nick Allee, a developer at General Motors trying to do a proof of concept for my team with Kylin but I cannot seem to get the web ui to work. I have tried using the docker instance and had no luck. I have also tried a fresh ubuntu with a clean install and still had no luck. I have no idea why the web ui is not showing up for me and I don't know where else to look as all the web searches I do turn up nothing.

Can you please help me?

Thank you so much,

Nick Allee
Software Test Engineer
Global Purchasing & Supply Chain
GM Arizona IT Innovation Center

I achieve Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion by adding more to the discussion and being a team player.
[cid:image001.jpg@01D7B11D.364BE370]

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

Re: [EXTERNAL] KYLIN WEB UI NOT LOADING IN DOCKER

Posted by Mukvin <bo...@163.com>.

Hi Nick,
    Yes, I am able to see the web ui. And some steps as followed may help you.
    My env is mbp 10.14.5 and my docker resource is 6cpu/9g mem/ 1g swap mem. I don't execute the command as followed on linux and windows!!! pls note that.

➜ docker run -d \
-m 8G \
-p 7070:7070 \
-p 8088:8088 \
-p 50070:50070 \
-p 8032:8032 \
-p 8042:8042 \
-p 2181:2181 \
apachekylin/apache-kylin-standalone:4.0.0

Unable to find image 'apachekylin/apache-kylin-standalone:4.0.0' locally
4.0.0: Pulling from apachekylin/apache-kylin-standalone
Digest: sha256:a52a723eb84981dd5e8082c368965af32a84972df4047643cc063562b314e97a

    1. I wait a few minutes for the used service stated and kylin started.
    2. I checked the container log found that
`
Starting zookeeper ... STARTED
Checking HDFS's service...
HDFS's service started...`
    3. In the container, wait a few minutes for kylin started. results as followed:
`
sh-4.2# pwd
/home/admin/apache-kylin-4.0.0-bin-spark2/logs
sh-4.2# ls
kylin-verbose.log  kylin.gc.2485.0.current  kylin.gc.4801.0.current  kylin.gc.pid9709.0.current  kylin.log  kylin.out
sh-4.2# `
    4. the kylin ui

| |
Mukvin

boyboys520@163.com

On 09/28/2021 00:17,Nick Allee<ni...@gm.com> wrote:

Mukvin,

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried turning off the firewall and still had no luck. I also checked var/log for any kylin logs but found none. I am using the base image for kylin within docker. I tried on both windows and linux. I still cannot see the kylin web ui. My environment variables have not been changed once starting the container. Do you know why im not seeing the ui?

Could we meet on teams and I show you what is going on? I would love to get this running.

When you download the container for docker and run it are you able to see the web ui?

Thanks so much,

Nick Allee

        https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/apachekylin/apache-kylin-standalone#<https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/apachekylin/apache-kylin-standalone> Readme
        https://kylin.apache.org/docs/install/kylin_docker.html
    5. noticed that web url is localhost:7070/kylin

[cid:image002.png@01D7B380.697B19E0]

Mukvin

boyboys520@163.com<ma...@163.com>