Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by co...@localnet.com on 2014/10/29 00:21:13 UTC

Re: Office Writer forum page

Dear Open Office,

I've been using computers since the 1990's and
the internet since 1998. I can find my way around on a website. However,
I want to post to your forum on Office Writer but I do not see, any
where on that page, the word 'Post' or anything that indicates in some
way that I can post a message to the forum. Why is there not a large
word - POST - on that page? So the question is, how does one actually
POST a question?

Thank You,

Christine

Re: Office Writer forum page

Posted by DaveMainwaring <da...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <
andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:

> I've been using computers since the 1990's and
>> the internet since 1998. I can find my way around on a website. However,
>> I want to post to your forum on Office Writer but I do not see, any
>> where on that page, the word 'Post' or anything that indicates in some
>> way that I can post a message to the forum.

The openoffice.apache.org
Forum
 is running on
  phpBB <http://www.phpbb.com/>
one of many discussion group packages.
You can call discussion software,  groups, mail lists, venues, blogs with
comments, Nets etc. Each has different user interfaces.

This rendition of phpBB has a bright red button "new topic"

My world of discussion networking hails back to pre-interenet when we used
PC's with telephone dial-up on FIDONET to share posts.
--
"To succeed, stay focused.

*                                         Do what you do
best,
up-skill,  prepare for new challenges,

                                 make time for learning"*

My BIO ?? Google 4 me:  Dave+Mainwaring+Knowledge+Networks

Re: Office Writer forum page

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 10/28/2014 07:21 PM, concord@localnet.com wrote:

> Dear Open Office,
>
> I've been using computers since the 1990's and
> the internet since 1998. I can find my way around on a website. However,
> I want to post to your forum on Office Writer but I do not see, any
> where on that page, the word 'Post' or anything that indicates in some
> way that I can post a message to the forum. Why is there not a large
> word - POST - on that page? So the question is, how does one actually
> POST a question?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Christine

It probably says something like "new thread"... Nope, it is "newtopic".

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

I assume that you already have an account.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

RE: Office Writer forum page

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

On 29 October 2014 01:49:52 GMT+00:00, Maurice Howe <ma...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>Really?  I don't have any of those nifty buttons.  I'm using OUTLOOK,
>fed
>through Time-Warner's RoadRunner email gadget.  To post, I just address
>an
>email to the list (such as users@openoffice.apache.org).
>
>Maurice

The Forums should be accessed using a browser - in my case I use Firefox, but one can even use Internet Explorer (shudder!). I think you are confusing the Forums with Mailing Lists.

RE: Office Writer forum page

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Office Writer forum page

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.