Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alvin Anwar <al...@secureage.com> on 2006/04/26 12:34:48 UTC

Looking for WCK compatible with Slide 2.1

Dear all,

I just tested Slide 2.2 pre 1 (not the latest version, not sure whether the
problem has been solved) and I've encountered a problem in accessing my
Webdav folders through Internet Explorer.

My problematic environment is a freshly installed Windows XP without any
Service Pack, without any Office installed. When I tried to accessing my web
folder through Internet Explorer 6, IE prompted me that my current window
cannot be shown in default view (web folder view). The web page
representation looks fine btw. When tested on Webdav folder from IIS (I set
up another webdav service using IIS for comparison), it seems that the
folder can be viewed in web folder mode.

Later, I tried accessing the Slide on another computer, Windows XP SP2 and
Office 2003 installed. Voila! Slide works just fine.

Try to look for any from Microsoft website, I found a knowledge base
KB892211, downloaded the patch and it seemed that the problem in the
problematic environment is solved. The problem is, my company is kinda
reluctant to ask for everybody in the office to install the patch (huge user
base) and asked me for any other solution.

So here I am, trying to downgrade my solution to a lower version of Slide
and hoping that this problem doesn't occur in Slide 2.1. Unfortunately, WCK
only comes with the latest code (2.2 pre 1), which is not compatible with
Slide 2.1.

I was hoping whether any of you has any copy of the older version for me to
test, and hopefully work on to solve the problem. Any information or news
regarding my problem (in case it's a known problem or someone has faced this
before) is also highly appreciated =)

Regards,
Alvin

PS: Sorry for the long e-mail, tried to make it as sort as possible while
not missing any details which might help >.<