Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by arjan tijms <ar...@mbuyu.nl> on 2006/06/28 13:10:33 UTC

Source attachment jars for MyFaces and Tomahawk

Hi,

During the development of my JSF projects and components, I often like
to step into the (JSF) framework code during debugging. As I'm using
MyFaces and Tomahawk 1.1.3, I was looking for a source code jar (or tar)
for these. http://apache.org/dev/version-control.html tells me to look
up the distribution directory. I did so, but there is no source code for
the current release there. I checked multiple mirrors, but the latest
source they contain is for 1.1.1 from October 2005.

I then tried to retrieve the code from the SVN repository to build my
own jar for source attachment. However, I run into some problems with
the shared packages (shared_imp & shared_tomahawk). These have a
different branch tag in the SVN repository (2_0_3, 3_0_0 instead of
1_1_2, 1_1_3, etc).  I'm not sure which version(s) of shared the binary
distributions are using. On top of that, I have to generate impl and
tomahawk versions before I can copy them to the respective source
packages I'm building.

So, I wonder whether there are any source attachment jars just ready for
downloading somewhere? It would be even greater if the source jars could
be bundled with the main distribution (since these also contain the
javadoc jars, it shouldn't be that much trouble to also include the
source), but I realize that may be too much to ask ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms