Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2001/12/01 02:32:28 UTC

Re: [phoenix] Mock UI for Management Console

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:55, Paul Hammant wrote:
> I disagree.  I've worked on (green screen) apps for 12 years and
> web-apps in the last six.  I've never seen a screen/page orientated app
> that does not have a stack of screens/pages you've navigated through to
> get to where you are.

right. But I hope to make it only two "contexts" within the app. So in the
left corner there is essentially two buttons that will take you to default
page in each "context" (namely the "Phoenix Console" button and the
"Application" button).

I hope to have one level depth in each "context" and thus there is no real
need for a stack in that way.

> Besides, I think you'll find that you do end up going fiveor six levels
> deep in the end.

Maybe. But I specced it and the only real case I can come up with is when I
would customarily popup a dialog box in a heavy GUI app. And those dialogs
always return to last screen ... and thus I wouldn't put them in the "nav
stack".

Anyways off to start hacking on it now

--
Cheers,