Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/05/23 15:53:43 UTC

[BUILD] Added Pre-Flight-Check to the build

Hi all,

as our setup is becoming a little more complex the more languages we support, I just added a step to the build which automatically runs some checks before the build starts.

The checks are executed with respect to the enabled profiles. So if just the Java profile is enabled only the existence of the “git” executable is done.
However if you build “with-proxies” the existence of the third-party tools are checked as well as if a minimum version is also fulfilled (might have to add a max-version)

Also I added some checks for things regularly done wrong:

  *   Build “with-python” but without “with-proxies”
  *   Checking out PLC4X on a too deeply nested path on windows

I guess this tooling will require a little fine-tuning (Which tools are exactly needed for which profile? Which minimum version is really needed? Are there maximum versions?)

Also am I still struggling with a problem, that the python executable is writing things to the console, if I run it in the console, however when executing in groovy, I only get empty strings :-(

Hopefully I’ll find out how to fix that ASAP.

So please update and give it a spin and please report anything buggy or fishy

Chris