Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2002/09/18 18:30:58 UTC

InfoMover, your book, etc

Berin, (others too)

you sent me a chapter from your book regarding InfoMover. I *finally*
got a chance to look at InfoMover and the chapter.

All in all, good reading and clean code (can't wait to read the rest of
the book ;), it seems to me the main thing you need is some polishing,
and not structural/architectural change to the InfoMover setup.

One thing I thought about re InfoMover is that you'll often want a tool
like this exposed through some kind of scripting setup (during migration
worries I often have cron jobs callling isql or another tool running the
same db script over and over for db duplication/modification 'n stuff),
and the natural choice here is an ant task.

I dunno if that is something to consider early on and mention in your
book or if it is something best added later on.

I unfortunately don't have time to do a lot of coding ("Introduction to
Calculus" is turning out to be a lot more than an introduction, for
example =), but when I do end up using InfoMover I'm sure an ant task is
something I'm gonna put it in if it is not there already =)

cheers all,

Leo