Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/22 02:02:48 UTC

re: SOLR-13952 (separating Gradle changes from non-gradle changes), a little help would go a long way...

All:

I’m taking on part of the Gradle work. There were a lot of non-gradle changes in Marks’ gradle_8 branch, which I’ve pulled out and put in a new branch jira/SOLR-13952.

There are just a few things I’m unsure of that I’ve marked with “nocommit”s. The tricky bit is _some_ of those nocommits are in non-java files, I’ll insure they’re all removed before I merge into master.

I’ve recorded the parts I’m unsure of in a comment in SOLR-13952, there are actually just a very few topics (4?). I’ve done as much as I can tonight, I’ll be looking more tomorrow and over the weekend, but any opinions on the notes would be helpful.

About all I guarantee at this point is that the changes compile, it’s a WIP.