Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Giannetti, Fabio" <Fa...@hplb.hpl.hp.com> on 2001/03/28 15:17:30 UTC

What is wrong with these lists ?

Hi,
	I'm improving WH2FO to be fully compatible with FOP, but I don't
understand why FOP 0.17 gives me an error on this basic Lists:

setting up fonts
formatting FOs into areas
 [1WARNING: This version of FOP requires list-items inside list-blocks
WARNING: This version of FOP requires list-items inside list-blocks
WARNING: This version of FOP requires list-items inside list-blocks

Obviously the list is created correctly, also the example coming with the
distribution is similar and works !!!

Thank you ! Fabio
 <<Lists.fo>>

Re: What is wrong with these lists ?

Posted by "Peter S. Housel" <ho...@acm.org>.
Giannetti, Fabio <Fa...@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
> I'm improving WH2FO to be fully compatible with FOP, but I don't
> understand why FOP 0.17 gives me an error on this basic Lists:
>
> setting up fonts
> formatting FOs into areas
>  [1WARNING: This version of FOP requires list-items inside list-blocks
> WARNING: This version of FOP requires list-items inside list-blocks
> WARNING: This version of FOP requires list-items inside list-blocks
>
> Obviously the list is created correctly, also the example coming with the
> distribution is similar and works !!!

The lists weren't correct; <fo:list-item-label> and <fo:list-item-body>
have
to be enclosed in a <fo:list-item> element.

Also, many of the elements had a "class" attribute.  There's no such
attribute in XSL.

Finally, <fo:list-item-label> should have an attribute
end-indent="label-end()", and <fo:list-item-body> should have an attribute
start-indent="body-start()".  See the XSL candidate recommendation.

I've enclosed a fixed version.  I tested it with both FOP and the Antenna
House formatter.

Cheers,
-Peter S. Housel-   housel@acm.org   http://members.home.com/housel/

(See attached file: Lists.fo)