Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Batranut Bogdan <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2015/02/11 15:46:01 UTC

Adding new node - OPSCenter problems

Hello all,
I have added new 3 nodes to existing cluster. I must point out that I have copied the cassandra yaml file, from an existing node and just changed listen_addres per instructions here: Adding nodes to an existing cluster | DataStax Cassandra 2.0 Documentation
|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| Adding nodes to an existing cluster | DataStax Cassandra 2.0 DocumentationSteps to add nodes when using virtual nodes. |
|  |
| View on www.datastax.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

 Installed datastax agents but in OpsCenter I see the new nodes in a different, empty Cluster. Also opscenter does not see the datacenter for the new nodes. They are all in the same datacenter, and the name of the Cluster is the same for all 9 nodes. Any ideeas?

Re: Adding new node - OPSCenter problems

Posted by Batranut Bogdan <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,
nodetool status shows existing nodes as UN and the new 3 as UJ . What is strange is that in the Owns column for the new 3 nodes I have ? instead of a percentage value. What I see is all are in rack1 in the Rack column.

     On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:50 PM, Carlos Rolo <ro...@pythian.com> wrote:

 Hello,

What is the output of nodetool status? All nodes should appear, otherwise there is some configuration error.

Regards,

Carlos Juzarte RoloCassandra Consultant Pythian - Love your data
rolo@pythian | Twitter: cjrolo | Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarteroloTel: 1649www.pythian.com

Re: Adding new node - OPSCenter problems

Posted by Carlos Rolo <ro...@pythian.com>.
Hello,

<http://linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo>*