Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Raúl Wild-Spain <rc...@wild-spain.com> on 2002/08/28 13:04:13 UTC

Q: jsp-engine II. Partially solved

Hi! (another time). It seems that I've partially solved the jsp trouble from
Cocoon with Resin. I've changed the default jsp-engine per
com.caucho.jsp.JspServlet and now my initial proves with some simple jsp
pages have worked correctly. Even so, I can't assure that this is definitive
because another examples fails.  I'm sure now that  the other troubles are
directly related with cocoon so I need your experience. I describe it:

- Into the examples of cocoon, specifically at 'More Samples -> Server
Pages -> Java Server Pages' there are two examples, JSP Generator (linked to
myserver.com/cocoon/jsp/hello) and JSP Reader (linked to
myserver.com/cocoon/jsp/welcome.htm). Neither of these works correctly and
they launches an 404 error through the JSPServlet (then no problem with
jsp-engine but they not exist into the server).

Looking for something similar into the server paths I've found this:

.... /cocoon/samples/jsp/welcome.jsp and /cocoon/samples/jsp/hello.jsp.

type in my browser myserver.com/cocoon/samples/jsp/hello.jsp --> OK!
type myserver.com/cocoon/samples/jsp/welcome.jsp -->OK!**

** but in this page I can see some options to prove like these:

-hello.jsp - Displays a hello page using JspGenerator to get XML from a JSP
then transformes it to HTML using a stylesheet.-->  works OK!

- hello.xml - The same page serialized as XML (without transformation).  It
launch the following error:
"404 Not Found /cocoon/samples/jsp/hello.xml was not found on this server. "

- hello.htm - The same page serialized as HTML and served by sitemap through
the JSPReader. It launch the same above but hello.htm.

 - welcome.htm - This page. Direct HTML output from a JSP page served by
sitemap through the JSPReader. It launch the same above but welcome.htm

Are these cocoon errors? because the sitemap? (it seems the
server/application not considers the sitemap.xmap) ...

I attach the sitemap.xmap in cocoon/samples/jsp. Thanks a lot for your
help!!

Raúl,
rcruz@wild-spain.com

Re: jsp-engine II. Partially solved

Posted by Raúl Wild-Spain <rc...@wild-spain.com>.
Konstantin had commented to me that there was a patch in Bugzilla about the
JSP+Resin+Cocoon,
about an attribute in request that should contain the requested path to JSP
... Do you think that is possibly related?, even so, I've searched and I
don't found it.

Then , don't you have been able to solve it?

 ... any or another possibility?

Posted by Koen Pellegrims <ko...@pandora.be>.
Raul,