Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dudee <gu...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/18 10:34:10 UTC

Create custom action and properties

I want to create custom actions and properties for my blogs.
Is the following steps correct if I want to add more properties to my
weblogs and create a template where I can show them, or am I missing
something?

1. Create a table in the database with all the new properties
2. Create 3 files in the pojo-folder (hbm, orm ,java)
3. Create a new file in the rendering/model folder
4. Create a new struts action
5. Create the template

and then to create a action for updating the properties from the webpage I
1. Update the template
2. Create an action file in the Struts2 folder
3. Create an struts action

I'm using the latest version of roller.
I would really appreciate if you could help me out.