Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sagara Wijetunga <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/07 20:57:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Need to include the output of a servlet running on one virtual host to the output of another servlet running on different virtual host?

Need to include the output of a servlet running on one
virtual host to the output of another servlet running
on different virtual host?

I use Apache 2.0.39 to serve static html pages from a
Pentium III based PC server running Red Hat Linux 8.0.
I use Jakarta/Tomcat 4.1.12-LE-jdk14 to process
servlets on the same server and I use virtual hosting
also on the same server. I have further configured
Apache to process SSI for any html page whose
execution bit is set. All are (individually) working
fine.

I need to include some html code fragment generated by
the
http://BBB.sameDomain.com/mywebapp/servlet/myServlet
to the output of
http://AAA.sameDomain.com/mywebapp2/servlet/myServlet2.

Could somebody please kindly explain to me how to do
this? And what other options available or any
workaround.

Please note, my requirement is something similar to
the RequestDispatcher.include.

Here unfortunately, I cannot specify this servlet to
be taken from which server, i.e BBB.sameDomain.com.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Sagara