Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by StanleyH <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/24 18:19:31 UTC

how to I set up activemq so I can connect outside localhost

hi,  I'm new to activemq.  I would like to know what files I have to change
to get my clien programs to connect to activemq.  I am using JNDI.

Re: how to I set up activemq so I can connect outside localhost

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/24/06, StanleyH <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,  I'm new to activemq.  I would like to know what files I have to change
> to get my clien programs to connect to activemq.  I am using JNDI.

see this page in particular the tutorial part...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jndi-support.html

you just need to specify the URL to connect to the machine running your broker.

e.g. change the java.naming.provider.url value to tcp://hostname:port

--

James
-------

Re: how to I set up activemq so I can connect outside localhost

Posted by StanleyH <st...@gmail.com>.
thanks :-)