Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by abhiTowson cal <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/08 23:28:39 UTC

fs.trash.interval

Hi,
We have very large sample dataset to delete from HDFS. But we dont
need this data to be in trash (trash interval is enabled).
Unfortunately we started deleting data without skip trash option. It's
taking very long time to move data into trash. Can you please help me
how to stop this process of deleting and restart process with skip
trash??

Re: fs.trash.interval

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

I'm not sure why you're asking how to stop. Can you not ^C (Ctrl-C)
the running 'hadoop fs -rm' command and start over?

^C
hadoop fs -rm -skipTrash /path
hadoop fs -rm -skipTrash .Trash

Also, please send user queries to the common-user@ group, not the