Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Doug <sc...@comnet.ca> on 2001/11/13 01:42:46 UTC

how to shut off database?

First, I am running Tomcat 4.01, Cocoon 2 0cr1 on a Windows 98 machine. I
can get the cocoon default pages OK, and my development web page when I copy
it to the Cocoon Webapps directory.

Whenever I start it, I get the following message:
Server.run/init: java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error:
C:\java\Apache
Tomcat 4.0\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb.backup
java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error: C:\java\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapp
s\cocoon\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb.backup
        at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(Trace.java:180)
        at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(Trace.java:144)
        at org.hsqldb.Trace.error(Trace.java:205)
        at org.hsqldb.Log.restoreBackup(Log.java:731)
        at org.hsqldb.Log.open(Log.java:212)
        at org.hsqldb.Database.<init>(Database.java:96)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:137)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:10
2)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
I believe that is because Cocoon is trying to load a database driver which I
do not have. When I installed Cocoon, I followed the instructions not for
the database (ie. " .\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp") What do I
have to remove? I'm afraid of killing Cocoon if I play around...