Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mailcloud <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/21 21:54:53 UTC

Activemq embedding an OSGI framework contains Camel Route

I  have an application based on Activemq ( which creates JMS destinations)
and camel to route JMS messages among JMS destinations. The bridge between
Activemq and camel is ActiveMQConnectionFactory.

 To convert whole application to reside inside OSGI container as ServiceMix
did is risky and expensive for me to adopt. But I still like to have OSGI as
a  plug-in mechanism for my application. The 1st function is identified to
be fit into as OSGI plug-in component is camel routing feature.  The idea is
activmeq-based component embeds an OSGI framework which installs and starts
bundles such as CamelContext and RouteBuilder.

Outside OSGI framework instance is Activemq broker , Inside OSGI framework
is camel bundles.

Is ActiveMQConnectionFactory( insde OSGI framework)  still can bridge
Activemq Broker and Camel bundled inside OSGI framework?

Re: Activemq embedding an OSGI framework contains Camel Route

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 7/22/11 3:54 AM, mailcloud wrote:
> I  have an application based on Activemq ( which creates JMS destinations)
> and camel to route JMS messages among JMS destinations. The bridge between
> Activemq and camel is ActiveMQConnectionFactory.
>
>   To convert whole application to reside inside OSGI container as ServiceMix
> did is risky and expensive for me to adopt. But I still like to have OSGI as
> a  plug-in mechanism for my application. The 1st function is identified to
> be fit into as OSGI plug-in component is camel routing feature.  The idea is
> activmeq-based component embeds an OSGI framework which installs and starts
> bundles such as CamelContext and RouteBuilder.

What's the plugin mechanism that you mentioned ?

Camel and ActiveMQ bundles are OSGi ready, you just need to start up the
CamelContext with the RouteBuilder in the OSGi.

> Outside OSGI framework instance is Activemq broker , Inside OSGI framework
> is camel bundles.
>
> Is ActiveMQConnectionFactory( insde OSGI framework)  still can bridge
> Activemq Broker and Camel bundled inside OSGI framework?

I don't think there is any blocker of it.
As you know the connection factory is work out of box in OSGi :)

Willem
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)