Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Sandeep Baldawa <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/02 13:37:12 UTC

Issue in ambari-server setup

Following instructions here
https://cwiki.apache.org/AMBARI/ambari-development.html

- Was able to do a maven build successfully.

- yum install
./ambari-server/target/rpm/ambari-server/RPMS/noarch/ambari-server-1.3.0-*.noarch.rpm
also went through fine

- But when I run "ambari-server setup", I get the following:-

Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
Run postgresql initdb
postgresql: unrecognized service
Run postgresql start
postgresql: unrecognized service
Setup ambari-server
Checking SELinux...
SELinux status is 'enabled'
SELinux mode is 'permissive'
WARNING: SELinux is set to 'permissive' mode and temporarily disabled. You
should disable SELinux permanently.
OK to continue [y/n] (y)? y
Checking iptables...
iptables is disabled now
Checking PostgreSQL...
About to start PostgreSQL
ERROR: Unable to start PostgreSQL server. Exiting

- I checked service postgresql-9.2 start and it returns ok.

This is for Rhel6 64 bit

Any clue as to what might be going wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Issue in ambari-server setup

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Sandeep,

If you can go ahead and edit the Wiki, that would be great.

Thanks,
Yusaku

Posted by Sandeep Baldawa <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.