Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/11/24 17:16:33 UTC

J2EE 1.4 final?

Hi,
Supposedly J2EE 1.4 has now gone final and been released.  Yet the link
on java.sun.com hot downloads section still says J2EE 1.4 Beta 2.  The
JSR pages for 152 and 154 on www.jcp.org say Final Approval Ballot is
completed, so I suppose the spec are indeed final?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: J2EE 1.4 final?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Hi,
> Supposedly J2EE 1.4 has now gone final and been released.  Yet the link
> on java.sun.com hot downloads section still says J2EE 1.4 Beta 2.  The
> JSR pages for 152 and 154 on www.jcp.org say Final Approval Ballot is
> completed, so I suppose the spec are indeed final?

They were voted on the 11th. However, I think we have to wait for the
final specs to be available officially (and then I'll tag 5.0.15 within
24 hours).

Remy

Re: J2EE 1.4 final?

Posted by Jean-Francois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Hi,
>Supposedly J2EE 1.4 has now gone final and been released.

Not yet :-)

>  Yet the link
>on java.sun.com hot downloads section still says J2EE 1.4 Beta 2.  The
>JSR pages for 152 and 154 on www.jcp.org say Final Approval Ballot is
>completed, so I suppose the spec are indeed final?

Yes, they are.

The J2EE link  on sun.com will be updated soon.

-- Jeanfrancois