Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Cengiz Han <ce...@cengizhan.com> on 2011/07/08 00:38:45 UTC

boosting and relevancy options from solr extensibility points -java-

Hi all,
I am very new to SOLR, currently trying to spike it out.

I found some resources about boosting from query string parameters but I
want to configure all this boosting "rules" for my application in the search
server (solr) level, I don't want to build and manipulate SOLR queries in my
application level. SOLR should be keeping or relevancy related boosting
options in server side. Firstful can I do that? If so which one is the right
way, queryparser? request handler? component?

It would be great, If you can share a sample or an introduction
article/resource.

Thanks in advance

--
cengiz han
+1(403)923-5455

Re: boosting and relevancy options from solr extensibility points -java-

Posted by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com>.
>in a certain time period (say christmas) I will promote a doc in "christmas"
keyword

You might check the QueryElevation component in SOLR.

>or based on users interest I will boost a specific category of products.
>or (I am not sure how can I do this one) I will boost docs that current
>user's friends (source:facebook) purchased/used/...

You can check
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Recommender+Documentation
apache mahout  for this purpose. It's got recommendation engine that works
pretty well.

Thanx
Pravesh

Re: boosting and relevancy options from solr extensibility points -java-

Posted by Cengiz Han <ce...@cengizhan.com>.
in a certain time period (say christmas) I will promote a doc in "christmas"
keyword.
or based on users interest I will boost a specific category of products.
or (I am not sure how can I do this one) I will boost docs that current
user's friends (source:facebook) purchased/used/...
or based on region I will promote a product in search result.
or boost discounted products.
or boost docs has all keyword as exact 'title"
actually most importantly I want to boost some docs based on current users
preferences/history/social network data/...

thank you for your help.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.