Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Purves <ch...@northfolk.ca> on 2006/11/24 22:48:39 UTC

Re: razor-agent.log being placed in root directory - solved

Gary V wrote:

>>> This may be an indication there is no razor-agent.conf. Assuming root
>>> owns the log file, as root, run 'razor-admin -create' twice in a row.
>>> The log should move to the /root/.razor directory (the home directory
>>> of whatever user runs the command). To prevent logging for user
>>> 'root', edit /root/.razor/razor-agent.conf and change debuglevel to
>>> 0. To control logging on a site wide basis, you could copy
>>> /root/.razor/razor-agent.conf to /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf. If
>>> other users use razor, you should run 'razor-admin -create' twice as
>>> those users too. If you report spam to the razor servers, then you
>>> also need to run 'razor-admin register'.
>>>

>> Thanks, everyone for your suggestions, but it still doesn't make
>> sense.  My setup is that spamd is run by root, and spamc is called by
>> the user to whom mail is being delivered.  For this reason I don't
>> want .razor directories created for every user.
>>
>> From 'man spamd':
>>
>> -H directory, --helper-home-dir=directory
>>     Specify that external programs such as Razor, DCC, and Pyzor should
>>     have a HOME environment variable set to a specific directory.  The
>>     default is to use the HOME environment variable setting from the
>>     shell running spamd.  By specifying no argument, spamd will use the
>>     spamc caller's home directory instead.
>>
>> Setting this should set the razor home directory when using spamc.  My
>> spamd options are:
>>
>> --max-children=3 --helper-home-dir=/etc/spamassassin/helper-home-dir
>> -s /var/log/spamassassin/spamd.log -x -Q
>>
>> This setup works for pyzor, because if I remove all the files from
>> helper-home-dir and restart spamd, a .pyzor directory will be created.
>> It seems to me that spamd is not properly setting the razor home
>> environment.
>>
>> --
>> Chris
>>

> The problem:
>
> Razor-Log: Computed razorhome from env:
> /etc/spamassassin/helper-home-dir/.razor
> Razor-Log: No razorhome found, using all defaults
>
> After creating the /root/.razor files, copy the .razor directory to the
> helper home.
> cp -r /root/.razor/ /etc/spamassassin/helper-home-dir/

Okay, this is what finally fixed it.  I didn't actually copy the
directory, but instead created an empty .razor directory.  When I
restarted spamd, it created

razor-agent.log
server.c101.cloudmark.com.conf
servers.catalogue.lst
servers.discovery.lst
servers.nomination.lst

in that directory.  I thought that razor would create the .razor
directory itself, but it wouldn't do that.  I actually ran 'razor-admin
-create -home=/etc/spamassassin/helper-home-dir' earlier, but without
the .razor as you suggested in your other mail.  Thanks again for the help.

--
Chris