Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stefan Faist <st...@hmi-informatik.de> on 2001/07/26 13:55:51 UTC

forward an _parent Frame

Hallo All,
I have a frameset and in this frameset I oben an new page in the hole
window, without frames.

Now I click a button and I want to go back to the frameset.

How can I do this? In the struts-config I can't use the parameter target in
the forward element.
Any help on this?

Stefan

Re: forward an _parent Frame

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@hksystems.com>.
One solution would be to have your action point to a frameset.  If you do not
know which pages you want in the frameset until after the original action has
been completed, you could have your frameset point to other actions.  This way,
each frame may decide which final page to access.

HTH,
    Pete