Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2014/01/26 20:35:00 UTC

New+Features+Roadmap+-+Living+Document [was Re: OFBiz In 2014]

Hi All,

I send a copy to all persons who have expressed the *will to help* on this page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/New+Features+Roadmap+-+Living+Document

Please confirm you still want to do so, and if we should keep those entries open, what are their status, etc.
In other words, please help to keep this page up to date, before we get to a new step

Without answers for specific sections, I will simply remove them.

For instance I confirm the VAT support is not complete. I have a draft for reports I never completed (not a high priority for now) but would want to commit one day, so I don't close this entry.
Also I still want to improve SFA, but I must day it depends on clients request I will cross... or not... Still I prefer to not close.

Are the followintg entries not completed?
* Implement Asset management application
* Implement Project Management Application
* Complete the implementation of the Accounting component

Should we keep?
* Improve the Content Management Component

Should we not add a reference to the JackRabbit branch? Sascha put respectable efforts in it...

I will continue, when I will have some time, to prune the "UI (User Interface) enhancements" section...

Like Pierre suggested, rather than to have new dicussions on dev ML where consensus and goals are sometimes lost in time afterward,  this could be a good place to build an up to date roadmap which OFBiz really lacks. It would be excellent if we could put dates in regard to goals, even if they are not reached, then we will update...
This does not mean that we should not have dicussions in dev ML, but that the status and goals should be updated on this page.

Let me knonw if you think it's realistic for OFBiz to have a roadmap, and it this page fits for a start.

Thanks

Jacques

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:16 PM, pierre.smits@gmail.com wrote

Re: New+Features+Roadmap+-+Living+Document [was Re: OFBiz In 2014]

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Paul,

I totally agree for the priority

You are in: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/New+Features+Roadmap+-+Living+Document

Jacques

On Monday, January 27, 2014 10:30 AM, pp@ilscipio.com wrote

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

It's now more than a week that I sent this message. I will begin to prune the page.
Please correct yourself (no needs to ask me), using the history in case of issues

Jacques

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:35 PM, jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com wrote