Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex AU <au...@web.de> on 2007/06/28 09:10:15 UTC

triggering a service from struts with a hook

Hello,
I have an existing struts 1 web application and i would like to extend this application by some additionally services. My problem is, that i don't want to integrate the source directly into my struts application. I would like to keep a separation between my service and the application. On the other hand i need to trigger my services from my struts web application.

Means if i have executed a particular struts action successfully i would like to call a method  from one of my services. My idea is to install a hook for that. But i don't know if this is supported by struts 1. I don't want to change the struts web application, i would like to add only a configuration file which can be changed easily to add or remove a hook.

My question, is this supported by struts in some way or do i need to add this functionality by my own in that i am writing my own action servlet processor? I am really grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Alex