Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rostom A <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/06 18:26:01 UTC

Handling No SOAP Header in Response

Is there a way to instruct Rampart and/or my Axis2 ADB built client stub to not look for a SOAP header in the response message? I keep getting the following error when I call the method on the stub to send a request to the service:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: SOAP header missing
    at org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.setFaultCodeAndThrowAxisFault(RampartReceiver.java:180)
    at org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.invoke(RampartReceiver.java:99)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invokeHandler(Phase.java:340)

The response does not have a SOAP header by design.  Looking at the Axis2 debug logs I see that the SOAP response comes back fine from the server, but my call never returns and instead throws the above exception.

I'm using Axis2 1.6.2 and Rampart 1.6.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

--rostom

Re: Handling No SOAP Header in Response

Posted by Kishanthan Thangarajah <ks...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Rostom A <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to instruct Rampart and/or my Axis2 ADB built client stub
> to not look for a SOAP header in the response message?

AFAIK this is not possible. Once rampart is engaged, it will expect
the response also to have the relevant headers. But this [1] will be
helpful in this case, which I haven't tried before. The approach mentioned
(avoiding rampart on outflow) in there is for server side. So on
the client side, you need to think of the inflow.

Thanks,
Kishanthan.
[1]
http://blog.rampartfaq.com/2009/11/how-to-generate-non-secure-response-to.html

Problem connecting Microsoft webservice using Axis 1.6.2 and Rampart 1.6.2

Posted by Jayaprakash R <r_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All,
New to Axis2 environment, struggling with following exception (noted similar
problem faced by Christopher from Lextech)

I'm trying to connect a webservice hosted by microsoft, generated Stubs using
latest axis2 1.6.2. As well making use of Rampart 1.6.2, please make note didn't
modify any entry over configuration files.

[DEBUG] can't find any module to process
{http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2012/Contracts/Services}FailoverPolicy type
assertions
[DEBUG] can't find any module to process
{http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts/Services}AuthenticationPolicy
type assertions
[DEBUG] can't find any module to process
{http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2012/Contracts/Services}FailoverPolicy type
assertions
[DEBUG] can't find any module to process
{http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2012/Contracts/Services}AuthenticationPolicy
type assertions
[DEBUG] can't find any module to process
{http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2012/Contracts/Services}FailoverPolicy type
assertions
[DEBUG] rahas says it can't support
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}TransportBinding
[ERROR] atleast one module can't support
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}TransportBinding
[ERROR] atleast one module can't support
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}TransportBinding

Any suggestion from experts to resolve above issues would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.