Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/03 00:41:48 UTC

Enabling Aries Blog Sample to IBM RAD projects and still keep maven/itests etc

Hello,
I have helped set up an OSGi development for one of my client.

It involves Blueprint/PaxEam/Maven etc. I like to keep the maven and also
the ITest feature.

But the target deployment platform is WAS/Equinox.

I was wondering what are the steps to add the IBM RAD facet so that RAD
recognizes the Vanilla Aries Blog projects as RAD proejcts as well. In this
way I can still use Maven/ Itest, do mvn pax:provision to start a Felix
container etc and still take advantage of the RAD/WAS.

My main issue is enabling the Aries Web Bundle so that when deployed as part
an *.app (not EBA) it is recognized as a Web bundle. Please note that if I
build an EBA I'm able to deploy.

I just want to be able to rt click on a WAS server instance from with in RAD
and deploy an .app bundle.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Re: Enabling Aries Blog Sample to IBM RAD projects and still keep maven/itests etc

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

One thought it might be easier if you used the maven tycho project rather
than maven-bundle-plugin. The tools you are using integrate with PDE and I
think tycho and PDE are supposed to go together better than
maven-bundle-plugin and PDE.

Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Enabling Aries Blog Sample to IBM RAD projects and still keep maven/itests etc

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.
And it can be excruciating! Isn't the priciple of software development
'supposed' to focus on actual development and not fancy tooling crap? And
especially IBM seems to have lost it or may I say trying to make some really
cool,WAS/RAD guys ?

Come on people, IBM is an early backer of Aries Blue Print project and I
cannot even port/migrate the Blog sample to RAD?

I bet 100 dollors that some of the giuys who developed Aries are IBM'ers.

Makes me think, what the fuck! Are we here to solve the customer's problem
or becoming tools expert?

Kind of sucks because I used to love IBM, started my carrier with OS/2.
Where have you been IBM?

Cheers
Matt

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alasdair,

Fwd: Enabling Aries Blog Sample to IBM RAD projects and still keep maven/itests etc

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Enabling Aries Blog Sample to IBM RAD projects and still keep maven/itests etc

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.