Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Erich Hochmuth <er...@monsanto.com> on 2009/12/04 03:06:09 UTC

JMS reconnectOnException

Not sure if this is the correct forum or the correct format.

In CXF 2.2.4 with a JMS bases service we are getting the following
exception when the web application starts up in WebLogic 10.3.

This only seems to happen when we set the "reconnectOnException"
property of the JMSConfiguration to true:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/using-the-jmsconfigfeature.html

Please let me know what additional information I can provide or any
ideas on what I can do to fix this issue or if it is a configuration
error on my side.

Caused by: org.springframework.jms.UncategorizedJmsException: Uncategorized
exception occured during JMS processing; nested exception is
javax.jms.JMSException: [JMSPool:169801]The JMS method setExceptionListener
may not be called inside an EJB or servlet
      at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsUtils.convertJmsAccessException(JmsUtils.java:308)
      at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.convertJmsAccessException(JmsAccessor.java:168)
      at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:474)
      at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:436)
      at
org.apache.cxf.transport.jms.JMSFactory.resolveOrCreateDestination(JMSFactory.java:260)
      at
org.apache.cxf.transport.jms.JMSFactory.createJmsListener(JMSFactory.java:240)
      at
org.apache.cxf.transport.jms.JMSFactory.createJmsListener(JMSFactory.java:146)
      at
org.apache.cxf.transport.jms.JMSDestination.activate(JMSDestination.java:111)
      at
org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractObservable.setMessageObserver(AbstractObservable.java:48)
      at
org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBindingFactory.addListener(AbstractBindingFactory.java:164)
      at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBindingFactory.addListener(SoapBindingFactory.java:766)
      at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:122)
      at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.doPublish(EndpointImpl.java:271)
      ... 61 more
Caused by: javax.jms.JMSException: [JMSPool:169801]The JMS method
setExceptionListener may not be called inside an EJB or servlet
      at
weblogic.deployment.jms.JMSExceptions.getJMSException(JMSExceptions.java:22)
      at
weblogic.deployment.jms.PooledConnection.setExceptionListener(PooledConnection.java:180)
      at
org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.prepareConnection(SingleConnectionFactory.java:365)
      at
org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.initConnection(SingleConnectionFactory.java:291)
      at
org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.createConnection(SingleConnectionFactory.java:227)
      at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.createConnection(JmsAccessor.java:184)
      at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:461)
      ... 71 more

Thanks,

Erich

Re: JMS reconnectOnException

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
This is really a Spring JMS thing, I think.   We just call the
setReconnectOnException method on the Spring SingleConnectionFactory.

You can probably ask at:
http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Dan

--