Posted to users@camel.apache.org by JSmith <js...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/19 12:11:32 UTC

Order of endpoint options?

Is there a specific order the options on an Endpoint follow?
And, if so, is there anywhere that it is listed for future reference?

I'm noticing that filtering takes place before the including/excluding of
the types of files I want.  Basically I noticed that i just wanted X type of
file, that are smaller in number than Y type of file, but filtering goes
through every single file type and even goes in to directories I don't want.

I was just wondering what else like that may exist due to the ordering of
options

Re: Order of endpoint options?

Posted by DariusX <da...@gmail.com>.
Looking at the code
<https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/file/GenericFileConsumer.java>
the filter is applied before the include/exclude patterns. [Look at the
isMatched() method]
Also, the options in the URI are usually stored in a HashMap, so the order
in which they're specified should not matter, at least as a rule.