Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> on 2005/08/02 02:38:52 UTC

atrifactId is always 0 for build

For some reason, with Maven 1.1-b1 my artifact id is *always* 0 (zero)
when I build anything.
For instance if I attain the war goal, I get an artifact called 0.war.

I've tried setting <artifactId>xxx</artifactId> and <id>xxx</id> in my
pom (as well as both together) with no results.

This is really stumping me, as I haven't run into it before.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

FYI - I've got my POM version set to 3.

- Brill Pappin

Re: atrifactId is always 0 for build

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
Ahh crap :)

Thanks... I should have been able to see that one!

- Brill

Re: who maintains the servletapi jars?

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
Ahh... ohh...

I run into that a lot, where a library changes structure but there is no
indication except that things stop compiling :)

Don't know if there is any easy way to notify the developer though...
Maybe something like transient dependencies where a lib can indicate
that it changed its structure... some kind of deprecated warning maybe.

Anyway, thanks for answering two stupid questions in one night :)

- Brill

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.
Since 2.4 the servlet spec was splitted in servlet 2.4 and jsp 2.0,
check http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/javax.servlet/jars/

The suggested groupId is javax.servlet and artifactIds servlet-api and jsp-api

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
I have my project version set to
<currentVersion>SNAPSHOT</currentVersion> in this case... it's the
<pomVersion>3</pomVersion> that I'm referring to when I say "set to 3".

However you seem to have uncovered another issue...

- Brill Pappin

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Is this something we can fix in Jexl?

On 8/5/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interestgin bug that could be a real pain in the butt to fix. This
> probably changed with the upgrade to the final jexl release.
>
> What is happening is that it detects '3' as a number, so attempts a
> numerical subtraction, the result of which is 0 because the LHS is not
> a number. That's annoying.
>
> Any chance you can use a version with a '.' in it? Jexl doesn't
> interpret that as a float and so should be fine.
>
> - Brett
>
> On 8/2/05, Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> wrote:
> > For some reason, with Maven 1.1-b1 my artifact id is *always* 0 (zero)
> > when I build anything.
> > For instance if I attain the war goal, I get an artifact called 0.war.
> >
> > I've tried setting <artifactId>xxx</artifactId> and <id>xxx</id> in my
> > pom (as well as both together) with no results.
> >
> > This is really stumping me, as I haven't run into it before.
> >
> > Anyone have any idea whats going on?
> >
> > FYI - I've got my POM version set to 3.
> >
> > - Brill Pappin

Bernard Shaw