Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Drew Jetter <aj...@cox.net> on 2002/08/24 21:14:40 UTC

subversion 0.14.2

I tried subversion 0.14.2 as a server and client on my windows
xp home edition machine.  First of all, is this supposed to be
ready to run as a server on windows, or only as a client on
windows?  If it is supposed to work as a server, then something
is wrong.  I installed it by copying and pasting the files from the
0.14.2 win zip file to my 0.14.1 subversion directory, and pasting
the module file to the modules directory, and restarting apache.
I recreated a new repository from scratch.  When I tried to connect
to apache with my browser, it crashed.  In the apache error.log, it
said this:

[Sat Aug 24 16:09:06 2002] [error] [client 68.102.215.34] Could not fetch resource information.  [500, #0]
[Sat Aug 24 16:09:06 2002] [error] [client 68.102.215.34] Could not open the SVN filesystem at C:\svnrepos\drew  [500, #165005]
[Sat Aug 24 16:09:06 2002] [error] [client 68.102.215.34] Expected version '1' of repository; found no version at all; is `C:\svnrepos\drew' a valid repository path?  [500, #165005]

The answer to the error.log's question is "Yes".  Well I'm going
back to using version 0.14.1.  But what do you guys think is
wrong?

Re: subversion 0.14.2

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
"Drew Jetter" <aj...@cox.net> writes:

> > You need to
> > 1. install the older version again
> > 2. svnadmin dump the repository (locally)
> > 3. back up the repository.
> > 4. install the newer version
> > 5. create a new blank repository
> > 6. svnadmin load the dumpfile
> >

> But if I only do steps 4 and 5, shouldn't I be able to view the new
> blank repository?  I've completely wiped away the old repository (I
> have backups tho, of course) and have only the new repository.  So
> the apache server is pointing to the new repository, that has been
> created by "svnadmin create drew".  Shouldn't I be able to view that
> blank repository, since it was created by the 0.14.2 version of
> svnadmin, and thus has the new repository format?

Yes, you should.  To verify that your repository really was created
with the new code, make sure that you have a file C:\svnrepos\drew\format
with a "1" in it.  If you don't, then your repository was actually
created with an older version of the filesystem code.  If you *do*,
then we should examine this further as a potential bug.

Re: subversion 0.14.2

Posted by Drew Jetter <aj...@cox.net>.