Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Jesus Camachorodriguez <jc...@apache.org> on 2016/09/22 12:21:47 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite 1.9.0 released

The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Calcite 1.9.0.

Calcite is a dynamic data management framework. Its cost-based
optimizer converts queries, represented in relational algebra, into
executable plans. Calcite supports many front-end languages and
back-end data engines, and includes an SQL parser and, as a
sub-project, the Avatica JDBC driver.

This release includes extensions and fixes for the Druid adapter. It
is worth mentioning that most of these fixes were contributed by
Druid developers, which demonstrates the good reception of the
adapter by that community. We have added new SQL features too, e.g.,
support for LATERAL TABLE. There are multiple interesting extensions
to the planner rules that should contribute to obtain better plans.
Finally, the release includes more than thirty bug-fixes, minor
enhancements and internal changes to planner rules and APIs.

You can start using it in Maven by simply updating your dependency to:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.calcite</groupId>
    <artifactId>calcite-core</artifactId>
    <version>1.9.0</version>
  </dependency>

If you'd like to download the source release, you can find it here:

  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.9.0/

You can read more about the release (including release notes) here:

  http://calcite.apache.org/news/2016/09/22/release-1.9.0/

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:

   http://calcite.apache.org/

Thanks to everyone involved!

Jesus Camacho Rodriguez, on behalf of the Apache Calcite Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite 1.9.0 released

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Jesus,

Great news! And many thanks for being release manager. You did a flawless job.

Julian