Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2017/06/26 07:12:38 UTC

Drop JDK6 support in Struts 2.3.x

Hi,

We still target Struts 2.3.x on JDK6 but there is a lack of support
for this - at least problems with Jenkins and builds.

What about dropping JDK6 support and switching to JDK7? Or maybe we
should drop the whole Struts 2.3.x branch - it will happen someday
anyway.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Drop JDK6 support in Struts 2.3.x

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> dropping JDK6 is alright for us. But we still have some apps running with
> struts 2.3. We would much appreciate to receive (security) fixes for that.
> Could 2.3 be put in some kind of maintenance mode where it does not
> receive new features but just fixes?

2.3 is in such mode right now, but it's hard to keep security fixes as
some of them require architectural changes as we did in 2.5 - right
now we trying to do so but it's getting harder :)

Regards

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
> Hi,
>
> We still target Struts 2.3.x on JDK6 but there is a lack of support
> for this - at least problems with Jenkins and builds.
>
> What about dropping JDK6 support and switching to JDK7? Or maybe we
> should drop the whole Struts 2.3.x branch - it will happen someday
> anyway.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Hi,

dropping JDK6 is alright for us. But we still have some apps running with
struts 2.3. We would much appreciate to receive (security) fixes for that.
Could 2.3 be put in some kind of maintenance mode where it does not
receive new features but just fixes?

Regards,
Christoph