Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fu-Tung Cheng <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/06 00:50:10 UTC

Monitoring tomcat process

Hi,

I was wondering what solutions people are using to monitor their tomcat processes.

I've been having a look at the following:

http://code.google.com/p/tomcat-monitor/wiki/TomcatMonitor

Are there better scripts or alternatives for handling restarting the vm in the case of out of memory errors or for alerting admin that the server is non responsive?

Thank you,

Fu-Tung

Re: Monitoring tomcat process

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
> I was wondering what solutions people are using to monitor their tomcat
> processes.
>
> I've been having a look at the following:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/tomcat-monitor/wiki/TomcatMonitor
>
> Are there better scripts or alternatives for handling restarting the vm in
> the case of out of memory errors or for alerting admin that the server is
> non responsive?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fu-Tung

Fu... its sounds like you may be looking for JMX...
Have a little read up on it... it will probably need another port opened in
the firewall... but in theory you can sit in your office and watch your
remote Tomcat die ;)
ie actually watch the loads...

Then to restart... whatever you use to remote admin now, telnet, putty, ssh,
remote desktop...

JMX is built into Java... so you'll add some setting to TC, and you'll open
JConsole on your machine... and watch as memory climbs... until death occurs
;)

Have fun...
The only real POJO Application Server.

RE: Monitoring tomcat process

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
'top' shows the most resource consumptive processeshttp://www.unixtop.org/
HTHMartin ______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission. > Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:50:10 -0700> From: futung.cheng@yahoo.com> Subject: Monitoring tomcat process> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> > Hi,> > I was wondering what solutions people are using to monitor their tomcat processes. > > I've been having a look at the following:> > http://code.google.com/p/tomcat-monitor/wiki/TomcatMonitor> > Are there better scripts or alternatives for handling restarting the vm in the case of out of memory errors or for alerting admin that the server is non responsive?> > Thank you,> > Fu-Tung> > > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org>
http://revealyourinnerathlete.windowslive.com?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WLYIA_whichathlete_us