Posted to user@struts.apache.org by greyshine <gr...@gmx.net> on 2007/11/29 18:36:02 UTC

[S2] dojo plugin - I don't find the resources

Hi out there,

I am trying to get a little Ajax running w/ the S2.
On the webpage: http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-tags.html
it says:
- include the Dojo Plugin distributed with Struts 2 in your /WEB-INF/lib
folder.
- Add <%@ taglib prefix="sx" uri="/struts-dojo-tags" %> to your page.
- Include the head tag on the page, which can be configured for performance
or debugging purposes.

Where do I find the plugin. I did not see one shipped w/ S2 downloads?
I guess after I found it, it will be answer my next question of the location
of the concerning tld to use.

I spend hours so far looking for it and I just end up feeling stupid not
finding it.

If there's another post explaining the same problem. I am sorry but I did
not find it so far...

Best regards and thanks for any help.
D.

Re: [S2] dojo plugin - I don't find the resources

Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply. I see the stuff now.

However I don't think its gonna be that easy.

When I use the sx:head element the template also gives me these...

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
src="/application/struts/ajax/dojoRequire.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/application/struts/xhtml/styles.css"
type="text/css"/>
<script language="JavaScript" src="/application/struts/xhtml/validation.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script language="JavaScript"
src="/application/struts/css_xhtml/validation.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

which seem to scattered amongst various files in the distribution. I guess I
better start pulling them in. I hope I get compatible versions. Bleeding
edge eh ;-)

Posted by Julien RICHARD <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> OK Dave, for those of us who are interested in getting 2.1 working the
> original poster's question seems entirely relevant. Just what does the
> line
> '- include the Dojo Plugin distributed with Struts 2 in your /WEB-INF/lib'
> mean. I cannot find any distribution or source for said plugin either.
>
> cheers,
> Paul B.
>

> newton.dave wrote:
> >
> > The docs regarding the "sx" prefix are for S2.1.
> >
> > d.
> >
> > --- greyshine <gr...@gmx.net> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi out there,
> >>
> >> I am trying to get a little Ajax running w/ the S2.
> >> On the webpage:
> >> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-tags.html
> >> it says:
> >> - include the Dojo Plugin distributed with Struts 2
> >> in your /WEB-INF/lib
> >> folder.
> >> - Add <%@ taglib prefix="sx" uri="/struts-dojo-tags"
> >> %> to your page.
> >> - Include the head tag on the page, which can be
> >> configured for performance
> >> or debugging purposes.
> >>
> >> Where do I find the plugin. I did not see one
> >> shipped w/ S2 downloads?
> >> I guess after I found it, it will be answer my next
> >> question of the location
> >> of the concerning tld to use.
> >>
> >> I spend hours so far looking for it and I just end
> >> up feeling stupid not
> >> finding it.
> >>
> >> If there's another post explaining the same problem.
> >> I am sorry but I did
> >> not find it so far...
> >>
> >> Best regards and thanks for any help.
> >> D.
> >> --
> >> Nabble.com.

> >> For additional commands, e-mail:
> >> user-help@struts.apache.org

RICHARD Julien,
UNILOG

Re: [S2] dojo plugin - I don't find the resources

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
yup, they are based on 0.4. If you are going to use dojo 1.0 you will
end up putting the dojo stuff in your jsps, you might just do it in
the templates and they will be reusable (for you :))

musachy

On Jan 28, 2008 11:03 AM, paulbrickell

Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.
Dave,

I guess if use Dojo independantly of the S2 tags the Musachy point about
ending up writing the same things all over my JSP's applies.

I think if I want to do this in a grown up way the right thing to do would
be to bite down hard and write some freemarker.

I do REALLY want to do the right way.

Thanks again for your (and Musachy's), remarkably prompt, feedback. Truly
appreciated.

Paul B.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com> wrote:
> 0.43 removes any javascript errors.
> I think that's a bit of show-stopper for me.

Wait, you have an actual requirement for JavaScript errors!?

;)

> I still do not get a call to any action for the div.

You should probably post at least the JSP source for the <sx:div...> tag; I

Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.
Quick update,

0.43 removes any javascript errors. I think that's a bit of show-stopper for
me.
I still do not get a call to any action for the div. I do want to know why
that is so I am going to try to track down the problem before I abandon all
hope.

Cheers,
Paul B.

Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.
Yep, that works exactly like it says on wiki. out of curiosity just how does
that automagic work? How on earth does the path
"/whatever/struts/css_xhtml/validation.js" get resolved to a jar? Also I
guess that the baseRelativePath attribute is a bit of red-herring.

The restructuring between version 0.4.x and 1.0.x of dojo is pretty radical.
No way they are compatible.

I did just check out the source and start a build. But frankly the newer
features of Dojo I am losing is a bit of a showstopper. I may well have to
drop a back a version of Struts and roll my own solution. It's such a shame
I would love to get all that great stuff for free.

There is simply no way I can convince my employer I can contribute a
solution on their time but I have to think my best solution would be to do
it anyway.

Thanks for all your help here,
Paul B.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Alexandru BARBAT <al...@ucs.ro>.
those resources are in 'struts2-core.jar'  file.

Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.
Dave,

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Paul

any attempt to d/l the staging-plugin-1.0.0.zip displays invalid archive
this is perhaps a tar or gzip?

Thanks
Martin
Posted by paulbrickell <pa...@evolvedintelligence.com>.