Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/07/21 23:27:30 UTC

[chain2] configuration façade APIs

Hi all guys,

Elijah and and I had a chat and we thought that, since chain2 hasn't
released yet, we are still in time to define a façade API for textual
configurations and rename the current XML configuration module to
xml-configuration (and adapt it to new API) - new formats such as YAML
and JSON will be included in future releases.
Any objection?

@Elijah: if you have cycles to dedicate to it, I think the façade can
be defined in a o.a.c.chain.config package in the core module, in that
way it should be quick enough going to the first release - WDYT?

TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [chain2] configuration façade APIs

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Am 27.07.2012 15:56, schrieb Elijah Zupancic:
> I didn't know that Jackson supported YAML. Wow, that sounds like a
> great solution.
>
> -Elijah
+1, looks indeed promising. Maybe also interesting for [configuration].

Oliver

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all [chain2] people,

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Oliver,

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Slightly off-topic:

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Good!

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br>.
+1

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hi Simo and Elijah,

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Elijah,

not sure we understand each other there, please confirm IIUC - in my
mind I would have extracted "configurations APIs" (mainly interfaces
and few abstract classes maybe) from the configuration module and put
in the core, then renamed the actual configuration module to
`xml-configuration` and let the [digester] dependency - and make the
switch to [configuration] in a second step, taking care on ingesting
same type of input format.

did I understand correctly?

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.