Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Savita Narang <sa...@sirf.com> on 2007/04/04 11:13:48 UTC

HttpSessionActivationListener not getting called in the Tomcat 5.5.20 clustered mode.

Hello

I am using a tomcat clustered environment using two tomcat 5.5.20
servers in the Windows machine. I am using the in-memory replication for
replicating the session. In my code, I have a session attribute that
implements HttpSessionActivationListener interface. I expect this
Listener to be called when the session gets replicated on the other
server. I see that the session gets replicated but the Listener is not
getting called at all. I require this listener to be called so that I
can initialize some of the transient session attributes when the session
is created on one tomcat instance but the next request goes on the other
server.

Can you please let me know why the HttpSessionActivationListener is not
getting called? Is there something which I am not doing correctly?

Here is my cluster configuration for one of the tomcat instance (which
is the same for the other instance except for the port numbers):

<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"

managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"

                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"

                 useDirtyFlag="true"

                         notifySessionListenersOnReplication="true"

                 notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

            <Membership

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"

                mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"

                mcastPort="45564"

                mcastFrequency="500"

                mcastDropTime="3000"/>

            <Receiver

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"

                tcpListenAddress="10.126.1.119"

                tcpListenPort="4002"

                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"

                tcpThreadCount="6"/>

            <Sender

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"

                replicationMode="pooled"

                ackTimeout="15000"/>

            <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"

filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.txt;"/>

            <Deployer
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"

                      tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"

                      deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"

                      watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"

                      watchEnabled="false"/>