Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mark Hedges <Ma...@Ticketmaster.com> on 2014/06/23 09:42:20 UTC

any way to get the uri path part that matches $r->location?

In Apache2::Controller the dispatch mechanism gets the URI into a variable, then removes $r->location from the start of it to get the remaining parts of the path, to determine which controller method to invoke.

This works for <Location> conf but not <LocationMatch>, because $r->location reports the string from the config block instead of the part of the path that matched it.  If that is a weird pattern, then it is not found in the literal URI.

Is there a way to get at what part of the URI matched the <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive?

Thanks.

Mark

RE: any way to get the uri path part that matches $r->location?

Posted by Mark Hedges <Ma...@Ticketmaster.com>.
I was thinking about this, I think I can do something like:

my $loc = $r->location;
my ($loc_match, $rest_of_path) = $r->uri =~ m{^(\Q$loc\E.*?/)(.*?)$}mxs;

I will try it out when I get a chance.

Mark