Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@apache.org> on 2015/07/02 06:31:25 UTC

July report feedback

 @Sravya,

  My apologies for the late response. My email setting was messed up and
didn't have the report email thread in my inbox to response.

Firstly, thanks for putting together the draft.  A few comments/suggestions
on the draft -
- "important issues to address in the move towards graduation" - One of the
feedbacks from mentors related to release schedules. Should we include that
here ?
- Under "Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to
be aware of?"  Should we mention that project is now doing monthly
reporting ?

thanks
Prasad

Re: July report feedback

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for the response Patrick!

@Prasad: some clarifications inline.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> wrote:

> Given no mentor has signed off yet I would think it's ok, I don't have
> a problem with it. I'd say if you emailed the list for exception cases
> when no mentor has yet signed off it's ok. Donno if others think
> otherwise though.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Prasad,
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback!
> >
> > The marvin automated email says:
> > The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 15 July 2015, 10:30 am Pacific.
> > .. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks
> > before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
> > submission (Wed, July 1st).
> >
> > So looks like we should not be editing the report after July 1st?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >>  @Sravya,
> >>

> >>   My apologies for the late response. My email setting was messed up and
> >> didn't have the report email thread in my inbox to response.
> >>
> >> Firstly, thanks for putting together the draft.  A few
> comments/suggestions
> >> on the draft -
> >> - "important issues to address in the move towards graduation" - One of
> the
> >> feedbacks from mentors related to release schedules. Should we include
> that
> >> here ?

What is the feedback you are referring to?

> >> - Under "Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board
> wish/need to
> >> be aware of?"  Should we mention that project is now doing monthly
> >> reporting ?

I am not sure what the outcome was from the last board meeting? Do you know
what schedule we are on now? From podling.xml
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings.xml?view=markup>,
it looks like we are doing monthly only for July? Is that true?
Is the community supposed to know only through automated report reminders?

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: July report feedback

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: July report feedback

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <p3...@gmail.com>.
   That's fine.
Again my apologies for the late response.

thanks
Prasad

Re: July report feedback

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.